Give your future cookouts a twist when you start making this Mexican-style street corn dip that is so good you’ll want to dig in without chips! You’ll love the authentic flavors of this classic Mexican dish. Get the full recipe below!
- 4 ears corn, husk removed and cleaned
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp cotija cheese
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Tortilla Chips, for serving
For the Corn:
- Start your grill and while it is warming up to 400-450 F, shuck and clean the corn.
- Cut four large strips of aluminum foil and brush the colors with oil.
- Once your fire is hot, and the corn is prepped in the aluminum foil, brush oil over every ear.
- To seal the foil around the corn, simply roll the corn in the foil and crimp the edges to ensure no moisture gets out.
- Place evenly across the grill grate and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- While the corn cooks, combine the mayo, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, kosher salt, pepper, chili powder, and cayenne in a large bowl. Stir to thoroughly mix.
- When removing the packets from the grill, use a set of tongs to ensure you don’t burn yourself. Then carefully remove the corn from the foil.
- Once the ears are cool enough to handle, slice the kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
- Dump the cooked corn into the large bowl of sauce and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cotija and cilantro, toss a second time, and serve warm with your favorite tortilla chips!
Whether you’re making tacos or burgers at the campground this summer, this dip will be a crowd favorite! Contact us to find the ideal RV for your camping adventures!